Many sectors require in their processes the use of of sludge pumps of different types: from mining and quarrying sector to ceramic industry, from processing of stone, marble and granite to paper factory, from water filtration to the treatment of organic fraction of urban solid waste.
For each of these fields PEMO is able to propose types of slurry pumps suitable for suction and transport, whether they are dense, abrasive, acidic or from purification sludge.
Some of these types of sludge pump are available in various materials such as rubber coatings, Hardalloy PEMO alloy (750-800 HB), stainless steel and Hastelloy and they can work up to a pressure of 20 bar.
Pumps for thickened sludge
For example the aggregate sector requires the use of different types of pumps for thickened sludge. They are capable of handling it during lagooning and able to empower the hydrocyclones.
For this field PEMO includes more types of sludge pump for thickened slurry in both horizontal and vertical and submerged versions. Some of them reach a flow rate of 1500 cubic meters per hour.
For the transfer of concentrated or thickened sludge we mainly use horizontal types AO / AB and AO / AB / DC with lateral suction series. They can control the maximum pressure that acts on the sealing bodies by keeping it lower than that of the incoming fluid. This allows us to reduce the consumption of the seals by extending their life and it improves the reliability of each of our sludge pump.
Pumps for sewage sludge
Our types of high-pressure sludge pumps for filter presses are the most indicated for treating sewage sludge. PEMO offers a range of 40 types of centrifugal sludge pumps which are conceived for supplying one, two or three-stage versions filter presses and which have a flow rates up to 1100 m3 / hour and pressures of 21 bar.
The advantage of our types of pumps for sewage sludge is the lateral suction on the horizontal design. It is perfect to optimally manage the supply and discharge pressure, so to guarantee a real benefit to the mechanical seal.
These types of sludge pump can reach a flow rate of 1500 m3 / h. Some other pump for sewage sludge can be proposed in vertical or submerged versions.
Pumps for abrasive sludge
We propose several types of PEMO pumps for abrasive sludge.
- Jolly series offers a vertical sludge pump with a flow rate from 5 to 2000 m3 / h. They are able to work with a maximum pressure from 6 to 7 bars and are designed according to the customer’s needs.
- Mec vertical sludge pump types have flow rates from 5 to 2000 m3 / h and a maximum available pressure from 6 to 7 bar.
- AUS types have similar characteristics to those of Jolly and offer vertical sludge pumps capable of running dry because they do not have mechanical seal systems.
- Among the horizontal types of sludge pumps which are designed for applications with highly abrasive and / or acidic sludge, the AO / TI and AO / TD [MP1] series offer a front suction pump with single or double mechanical seals, with flow rates from 1 to 2000 m3 / h.
- The AO / AB horizontal sludge pumps, flagship of PEMO production, guarantee resistance and durability to the mechanical seal thanks to their lateral suction.
- Submersible pump types are designed to work with highly abrasive sludge. They are all equipped with thermal probes: one to monitor the engine temperature, one for the oil level for detecting any infiltration into the oil chamber and a device for analyzing the probes’ signals.
As all the Perissinotto S.p.A.'s types of pump, PEMO sludge pumps are tailor-made for the customer’s needs, including pumping abrasive sludge. In fact, we offer a huge choice of materials and types and over seventy years of experience of a company which since 1947 takes care of its products during and after the purchase and installation.